The Francis Fund for Southeastern Connecticut
The Francis Fund supports and promotes a generative, just, regional economy in southeastern Connecticut. As a revolving community loan fund we help our neighbors invest in financially sustainable non-profit and for profit organizations that meet the needs of our community, create new opportunities, and restore the land to health.
The Francis Fund began in 2009 as a partnership of the St. Francis House in New London and Equity Trust as a vehicle for local investment by concerned individuals, faith communities, and other organizations. St. Francis House has more than fifteen years experience supporting peace and justice initiatives including community gardening, local food production, alternatives to homelessness, and community conversations on public education and other vital issues.
The Francis Fund directs its funds in the following ways:
- To support collaborative efforts to assist people in building economic opportunities and services in their local communities.
- To promote environmental preservation.
- To support the creation of equity by groups historically excluded from economic development opportunities.
- To support a sustainable, regional food supply through local farming.
- To develop small-scale, local enterprises.
For inquiries about funding or to learn how to get involved, please contact us at: connect at thefrancisfund.org.